Thursday, February 4, 2021

Stage 2- Production and Distribution

 Camila Lopezcaal 1/30 

In the production of my short film, I don’t mind if I use a large studio or a smaller one. For my film I am considering using a small independent production company. This is because I feel it would make me feel more comfortable with doing what I want with my film. I feel I work better in my own space and by myself rather than being with others. Choosing my production company will determine the outcome of my film when we talk about the audience. This could depend on the popularity of the company. For example, “Universal Pictures,” is a well-known production company and this could get the audience more likely to see your film. Although having a big production company has benefits, I would still prefer a small independent company. When it comes to “selling” my film, I believe you should get paid for something you spent time and worked hard on. Even if the biggest companies reject your offer you should always keep trying even if it's with a small one. For sure that a company will invest in your film. When talking about distribution companies there is a wide variety. I would go for companies that are very popular. Amazon would be my best interest. It is a company that many people buy products from every day and I believe it allows a better succession in the distribution of my film. If it weren't amazon another, I would be intrigued in would be Netflix. As used by people every single day, it is a super well-known company in the distribution of films. These are the main reasons amazon will be another one at the top of my list. The exhibition of my film will not be theatrical since it is an animation film, but if I wasn’t doing an animation, I would have real life actors.  

Resources: the-numbers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lonely yellow- Opening sequence

  https://youtu.be/ikjY3KuC7LE